Answer two simple questions:
- Do you currently take or have you ever taken prescription medicines or over the counter (OTC) medication?
- Does someone in your family or someone you know take medication regularly?
These are the two very basic questions that are the very foundation of clinical research. It is fair to say that clinical research touches all our lives at some point. Why?
If you answered “Yes” to either of the questions above then you or someone you know has already benefited from the results of clinical research! These benefits would be impossible to achieve without those individuals who have chosen to participate in this research.
Some of the benefits of participating in clinical studies are:
- Participants obtain expert medical care at leading health care facilities during the study.
- Participants may gain access to new treatments that are not yet available to the public.
- The participant takes a pro-active role in their own health care.
- Participants help others and the community at large by their involvement in medical research.
- Interested candidates who qualify may receive compensation for their participation.